« Home | Robot Fabrication » | The Robots » | The Field of Competition » | Zen Assemblies - Vice President of Engineering » | Robotics » | Flagstaff, Arizona - Post Ride Nutrition » | Slick Rock - Campsite » | Slick Rock - Scenic Overlook II » | Slick Rock, Scenic Overlook » | Slick Rock Trail, Moab, Utah » 

11.03.2008 

Berryman Trail Epic

The Berryman Trail Epic (BT Epic) was on October 25th and 26th. It was 100K of off-road bicycling madness. I completed the course in about 8 hours which is about double the time required for this guy to complete it. My six hour Saturday morning training rides on the DORBA trails didn't quite prepare me for 5,800 feet of climbing in the Ozarks. I'll be a little smarter next time on my preparation. Speaking of preparation, Scott Davis and team at Springfield Cycles put on a great first year event. I'd definitely drive 8 hours to do it again. The Ozarks had their fall colors ready for us. The trail was almost all single track with insane but 'cleanable' climbs and awesome downhill.

The two day event is divided into a 'Tour' on Saturday and a 'Race' on Sunday. The Tour is for normal guys who really want to ride their bike for a long time and test themselves. The Race is for super-human freaks of nature competing for cash prizes. The Tour offered some really great lottery items including three single speed bikes and a lot of gear.

I got 16 hours in the car with my brother, a cool t-shirt, one photo, and a destroyed suspension linkage.


 
Posted by Picasa